Friday, November 13, 2009

Ideas for Brooklyn's room!


I love light, subtle colors, sparingly among whites. I want an all white bed. I have slowly been incorporating brighter colors into Brooklyn's room. With her sixth birthday having just passed, I decided it is time to let her have just what she wants. PURPLE!

I stopped by TJMaxx today, not really intending to buy anything. Then I found this duvet cover with little embroidered flowers in all shades of purple... hmmm... price check : $12.99. I thought it would be very pretty for my purple princess. It is from designers guild. I had never even heard of the brand. I googled it when I got home, and currently their website has this listed ON SALE for $130!!! I am glad I picked it up!
I like these sheets from Walmart. I don't like Walmart. But I like their better homes and gardens line. Twin set for $12.88! 


Now, watch me attempt "Modern" with this giant polka dot bedding. It is just all the right colors. Brooklyn loves it, and it is $39.50 for the comforter/sham. And it is reversible. I will find some way to layer all the bedding, and it will look lovely.

I am thinking of painting one wall that pretty raspberry color... way bright. And she needs this for her closet:
I already have a chandelier that I thrifted for $7.98 to spray paint purple. I have been saving these tissue paper poms from Martha Stewart's bridal party line. I am getting so excited! I think her room will be perfect for her. Because if she were a color, she would be a very bright one- and I love that about her.



This Sunday is the monthly flea! I hope to find some great things for my home. Wouldn't it be awesome to find some sort of vintagey purpley goodness for Brooklyn's room? Next up: Charlie's big girl room!

No comments:

Post a Comment