Thursday, August 6, 2009

beautiful boys

I thought I would share a few favorites from my last photo session. Aren't these boys the cutest? I'm a sucker for cheeky smiles of two teeth and hawks on little boys, so these two pretty much melted my heart...
bkm2
 
bkm1

brie7

bkm6

bkm


I have been working on my website when I find time. It has been a little crazy lately! Brooklyn is officially enrolled for kindergarten... (tears) I think I have my next semester squared away. I have more bills then I can pay. My car keeps dying on me. My phone works half the time. My house is still messy, but not as messy as it was. My mom and grandma have been helping me chase this silly photography dream, and I am grateful. Money is so tight right now, I can't decide if I want to head full force into a photography business, just having faith that it will provide- or if I want to find a job. Either way, I have to do something. And honestly I am afraid of failing. 

And you know, more than this is a "fear" thing, it's a trust thing. Do I jump in fully expecting that God will provide? Do I believe that God really has given me a gift? Do I feel confident that what I have to offer can hang with the overly saturated market I'm in? Nope. The thoughts fall more along these lines: 
Why would this work out for me? It seems too good to be true...
What if I am mediocre? What if people see my website and my portfolio and think its"okay"?
What if people think my prices are too high? or too low to take me seriously?
What if I have invested all this money for nothing?

and then there is that much more quiet voice that politely waits its turn...

What if you are great?
What if you get to do something you love for a living?
What if your work makes a difference?
What if you get to travel and take pictures?
What if this is the beginning of a dream come true?

So I pray. Alright God... is this back to the trust thing?

I did not create you to have a spirit of fear...
All things are possible through Christ who strengthens you...
The plans I have for you are for good...
Be still, Child, and know that I am God...
Trust in me with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding...
Have I not always provided for you?
Love me, believe in me, TRUST me...

Thank goodness His voice is the loudest!

There are so many exciting things I can't wait to share with you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment