Thursday, August 27, 2009

small changes

I have been making some changes, and I have to say in less than week I am feeling so much better. First and foremost, I completely banned fast food. Within a short distance of my home, there is an Arbys, Braums, McDonalds, Burger King, Long John Silvers, Wendy's, and a Taco Bell. I may be forgetting one or two. Isn't that ridiculous? I'm a sucker for french fries and Burger King's hershey pie. I have been paying attention to portions. I have been cooking dinners. I have been snacking on fruit. When I was dying to have something sweet, I ate one reeses cup and gave the other to Brooklyn. They are rich and do the trick! I have been parking farther away, and taking long walks with Charlie. Today I walked over three miles, and I really enjoyed it. Charlie just loves riding along in the stroller. She just takes it all in. In the next few days I will be making an effort to drink more water, that isn't something I am very good at. 

Tonight I am signing Brooklyn up for girl scouts. I was a brownie for a while, and I loved it. She starts dance class next week and saturday soccer in September. The week starts filling up so quickly. I make sure and really talk to her about the things she is involved in. I want to make sure she really wants to try the activities. We are trying a more serious dance academy, (not a crazy serious) and I look forward to watching her learn. The girl just loves to move, and so does Charlie for that matter!

Our lives are filling up quickly, and I don't mind. I love taking Brooklyn to school every day and being there to pick her up. I love being available so that she can get involved. I love packing her lunch and those extra tight hugs goodbye in the morning. I love spending the day with Charlotte doing simple things like walking, going to the grocery store, picking up the kitchen, snuggling, dancing... these things make me so happy. Being a stay-at-home mom brings me joy. 

We are off to pick up my girlie...

No comments:

Post a Comment