Tuesday, June 23, 2009

decorating on the brain

Hopefully you have all found Layla at The Lettered Cottage. Layla is a very talented designer, and I always look forward to her blog posts. For a long time, I have wanted to use a screen door, indoors. I am trying to decide if I want to use a screen door to the laundry room or if I want one for my master bathroom. My master bath is teeny tiny, and it will be so cute when I am done with it! I like how Layla used hers:
I would like a pretty colored vintage one. I like this green. I like those little spindles. (flickr)
I really like this one, with the birdies. It is definitely unique. I may have to recruit the help of a certain brother...
Some other decorating ideas I have streaming through my head right now:
-a slightly yellow laundry room with bright white cabinetry. shiny nickel pulls. organizational baskets. 
-still want blue front doors. i have two. shall i paint the porch swing to match?
-kitchen = tons of painting. Some inspirational photos:

can't get enough of this chippy goodness... i have a spot waiting for a large chippy cupboard...
i like the clean lines, the soft colors, the lighting, very organic ^
i just love white, and that's all there is to it. i covet that butcher block. seriously.
this picture is of Cottage Bethy's kitchen. I love her fridge, her sink, her colors. 

- transition Charlie's nursery to a big girl room? light blue and apricot...
- burlap. i need some burlap in my life.
- i need the sewing queen (mom) to help me with some slipcovers for my sofas.

garage sale, garage sale, garage sale, garage sale, garage sale, garage sale!

okay. back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment